Crossed Blades

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A realm for serious roleplayers from every corner of the globe.

+6
Ayda
Blooberri
SpookyKitten
Dorcha Te
Maria Talia Reaver
Drake Reaver
10 posters

Training Zone

SpookyKitten
    SpookyKitten
    Active User
    Active User

Training Zone - Page 2 Empty Re: Training Zone

Post  SpookyKitten Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:41 am

Dooley sighed as he delved into the depths of the Training grounds, searching for some monsters to kill so he could grab their teeth. A potion shop in town had hired him to get them more ingredients and they included powdered monster teeth. Why anyone would need those he didn't know, but they were paying him a pretty penny.

He came across a gobon and quickly flashed in landing slash on it with his dirk before it clawed his leg. He grunted when it tore his pant leg and threw a knife between it's eyes, killing it.

After retrieving his knife he started to pull the teeth out and dropping them into a soft leather pouch, then tied it shut when he was done. He needed more still.
    Dorcha Te
    Dorcha Te
    Active User
    Active User

Post  Dorcha Te Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:03 pm

After all the excitement of the previous night in the tavern, a little training is just what Dorcha needed. Stretching and yawning as he walked into the zone.
    As he came around the first bend of the Training Zone, he was greeted by two gobons. A smug smile crept across his face.

"Hmph, this hardly seems fair... For you two."
    Relaxing into his unarmed stance, right leg in front and left in back. Arms set in a boxing-like stance, he flexed his leather covered hands, feeling the little metal paddings in front of his knuckles.

Both gobon grinned stupidly and charged yelling all the while. With two quick jabs the first was on the ground in a heap, face smashed back, the second was quick enough to get past a kick aimed at his throat and smash Dorcha's side with his small club.
    Through the pain he grabs the little gobon and breaks his neck. Bending over and coughing from the blow.
    " Ugh, little disgusting things."
    Dorcha Te
    Dorcha Te
    Active User
    Active User

Post  Dorcha Te Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:33 pm

Getting up wiping a little blood from his mouth, Dorcha looks around grimacing.
    "Maybe its time to fight something stronger."
    Wipes dirt off his black cargo pants and heads out of the training zone for the woods.
    Blooberri
    Blooberri
    New User
    New User

Post  Blooberri Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:34 pm

Tsuki awoke to the sound of monsters outside the cave she'd been sleeping in and realized how in the mad dash to get away from the tavern she'd sat vulnerable in a training area. "Well might as well get to work on this whole leveling thing before I get called a 'noob' or anything" she laughed at the idea and stuck her head out from behind the cave wall looking for a lone wolf cub or bubble blob. "There!" she whispered and prepared her wand. "Here goes nothing!". She shook her wand vigorously and a flash sped toward the cub.

The wolf cub dodged the distance shot and jumped toward Tsuki baring its teeth and batting his paw at her to further push her back.

"Dammit! You can't scare me." She exclaimed and hit the cub with the butt of her wand to stun it, then pulled out her dagger and stabbed at it a few times to ensure it not pull another trick like that again. "Thats almost sad..." Placing resemblance from the cubs ears and tail to her own. "I just love that adrenaline rush though!" She looked down to put her dagger away when she realized the wolf had managed to put a scratch on her. "Why didn't I take up healing?!" and sighed pulling bandages out of her backpack, she moved on to the next clearing to sight out her next kill.
    SpookyKitten
    SpookyKitten
    Active User
    Active User

Post  SpookyKitten Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:44 pm

Dooley was gleefully ripping into 3 wold cubs and a goblin adding their teeth and smaller bones to his pouch, jangling it to see how full it was. The pouch was half full now and he smiled when he caught sight of Dorcha. He grabbed a small wolf cub and drained up before stalking over to his new friend, eyes glowing a happy gold again.

"Hiya."
    Blooberri
    Blooberri
    New User
    New User

Post  Blooberri Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:55 pm

Tsuki looked up from her loot, to see the owner of this voice that approached her. Her eyes widened and she immediately wrapped her hand over her head pushing her ears down and ripped her cloak back out of her bag to cover them. "Urm.. Hello.. How are your ears feeling?" She bit her lip hoping he hadn't seen her head and forgave her for the way she acted the night before. "Are you working on leveling too?" She politely smiled at him as she removed her dagger from the cub and wiped it on the corner of her cloak but remained avoiding eye contact.
    SpookyKitten
    SpookyKitten
    Active User
    Active User

Post  SpookyKitten Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:04 am

Dolley saw and wisely kept quiet, licking blood off his fingers as he jingled the bone bag. He grinned.

"Naw, workin'. The levels are nice though." He stomped on a wolf cub's head as it came out, sniffing at his boots. He hissed and reached down to collect it's teeth.
    Drake Reaver
    Drake Reaver
    Admin

Post  Drake Reaver Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:56 am

((Congrats on your first monster kill, Tsuki. Level up if you haven't already.))
    Blooberri
    Blooberri
    New User
    New User

Post  Blooberri Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:40 pm

Tsuki looked around her surroundings. She felt nauseated as if she'd passed out. She noticed the vampire had disappeared and suspected he had something to do with it, but she didn't want to jump to conclusions. "First things first.." She sat up right getting ready to stand, when she noticed a mist coming over head. "It better not rain. I HATE rain.." She pulled her hood up again, and got up to her feet and moved towards the town to get new bandages and some food.
    Ayda
    Ayda
    New User
    New User

Post  Ayda Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:42 pm

Running around as she saw Tsuki just standing there ..."hmmmm, hey Tsuki!!!! " running up to her , hopefully she could of hear her..
    Blooberri
    Blooberri
    New User
    New User

Post  Blooberri Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:17 pm

Tsuki's ears twitched as she quickly spun towards the figure. She knew immediately it was Ayda when she noticed the hair and height of her. "Well hello Ayda!" She waved and waited for her to catch up. "What are you doing here? It wouldn't be such a good idea to be training here at nightfall, could it?" She took a double glance to make sure no monsters was around.
    Ayda
    Ayda
    New User
    New User

Post  Ayda Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:22 pm

She laughed along the way " well it wont matter, I been having the urge to fight and it took me awhile to find a good spot, why you scared? " ... looking frightened by the way Tsuki was feeling..
    Blooberri
    Blooberri
    New User
    New User

Post  Blooberri Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:33 pm

Tsuki stared, shocked, "No way! I just have a wound from this morning I have yet to have fixed properly. That's all.." She pointed to the bandaging on her leg. "Is something wrong? You look uneasy." She read the lines on her face and felt she may be to blame.
    Ayda
    Ayda
    New User
    New User

Post  Ayda Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:38 pm

" well im sorry to hear but you know, its not safe to just stand around in a dangerous area"... she started jumping as she was frightened to be attacked...
    Blooberri
    Blooberri
    New User
    New User

Post  Blooberri Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:05 pm

"Your absolutely right" She laughed, "I guess I'll just have to get better gear and up my defense!" She turned toward the path to exit the clearing and pointed at it. "Thats the way back to town right?"
    Ayda
    Ayda
    New User
    New User

Post  Ayda Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:06 pm

" I guess so, we can at least try that path, dont worry Ill be by your side" she laughs really loud then shuts up... and walked..
    Blooberri
    Blooberri
    New User
    New User

Post  Blooberri Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:27 pm

She nodded "Lets give it a try! Whats the worst that could happen?" She laughed and started moving on. She felt she was starting to trust Ayda, and thought about taking off the cloak she wore to conceal her fox features. 'Hmm.. maybe another day..' She thought to herself.
    Tsenre
    New User
    New User

Post  Tsenre Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:09 pm

It is peaceful in the training area. The wolf cubs scampered about playfully, as a pair of gobons sat in the cool shade beneath an apple tree. The bubble blobs gurgled blissfully, content with their lives as a mass of sentient goo. Birds chirped and butterflies flapped about, while the flowers gently swayed in the breeze. The first gobon watched the wolf cubs prance about, then turned to his companion.
    "It's been pretty peaceful lately, hasn't it Tom?"
    "Yeah, Fred." responded the gobon known as Tom.
    "Do you think we're going to get attacked again any time soon?"
    "Dunno, Fred." Tom was still a bit antsy from earlier in the week, where the two of them had discovered a number of eviscerated wolves and one of their brethren sporting a knife between the eyes.
    Fred returned his attention to the wolves, who were rolling around in the flowers.
    "Tom, why do you think they got attacked? I mean, I'm not really sad about it, the wolf meat kept us fed and Harry was kind of a dick anyways, but why?"
    "I don't know, Fred. I think they were adventurers."
    "Oh. Adventurers." Tom continued to watch the wolf cubs, while a nearby bubble blob jiggled merrily.

Tsenre clomped his way up to the training area, still soaked from his experience with the town fountain, until he came across a rather serene clearing. Quickly ducking behind a rock, Tsenre peered over his cover and surveyed the surroundings. He saw a few wolf cubs playing in the flowers, some manner of blob, and a couple of short humanoid things sitting beneath a tree.
    "Those must be ye goblins I heard tales about!" Tsenre shouted to himself, completely oblivious as to why he ducked behind the rock in the first place.
    "They be evil fiends who be needin' a taste of me magical powers!"
    Girding his loins, or at least shaking some more fountain water out of his pant leg, Tsenre took out his arcanum and wand and began to concoct a plan to slay the evil before him.

Fred the gobon stared at the rock with the pointy hat sticking out over the top of it.
    "Tom, do you see that?"
    "See what, Fred." replied Tom, currently occupied with jabbing a stick into the nearby bubble blob. The stick slowly burned as the blob swirled about.
    "There's a rock with a hat on it, Tom. I think it just yelled something about tasty magical powders."
    "I think you've been getting too much sun, Fred."
    "Maybe you're right Tom. I think I'm just really shook up about this." Fred turned back to look at the flower patch where the wolf cubs continued their playful antics.

Tsenre flipped through his spellbook, trying to find a spell with a picture of a fireball or something similar on it. "I be a mage, therefore I be throwin' great balls of fire! It only be common sense!" he muttered, as he continued to flip through the pages. He eventually came to a picture of a great beast enveloped with magic. "Aha! I'll be summonin' up a beast to deal with those beasts! I be fightin' fire with fire!" Tsenre glanced down at the magical words and began to recite. "Yson'jil Tiridos!" he bellowed while pointing his wand at the ground next to him. A crack of power shot through his arm and into the wand, which released a deep orange blast of light onto the ground. A small circle adorned with runes appeared where the light had struck, and a figure began to rise forth. Tsenre's eyes widened as he beheld the spectacle, and the figure began to take shape...

"Greetings master!" chirruped the badger. Tsenre stared at the small mammal. After a pause that was entirely too long, Tsenre opened and closed his mouth. The badger took this opportunity to introduce itself. "Uh, greetings master! I am your magical familiar. You, uh, summoned me." Tsenre stood for a moment, mouthing the words that badger had spoken, and stopped when he reached familiar. "Magical familiar eh? That means ye be my slave, right?"
    "Well, yes, but we don't really like to use that word. We prefer magical partner or companion." Badger murmured reproachfully.
    "But ye be doin' what I tells ye to do right?"
    "Right! I'm here to serve in the best of my ability!"
    "What be ye name?"
    "That's up to you master! Whatever you call me, I will henceforth be known as!"
    Tsenre looked at the badger. It had mostly black fur streaked with white, and a face capable of expressing considerable emotion despite belonging to a badger. He felt that basic human need to state the obvious. "Ye be a badger."
    Badger glared a moment, then sighed. Life as a familiar was difficult. If you wern't able to get a competent mage right off the bat, there was a good chance you'd keep getting tacked on with mages that barely lasted a week. This one didn't appear to be any different, with the exception that most of his mages tended to be reasonably intelligent.
    "Very well master." Badger muttered.
    "Badger, I command ye to attack!"
    Badger looked nervous, or at least as nervous as a badger could look. "Attack what, master?"
    "The evil, ye daft furry beast!"
    Badger looked around. He saw a meadow with a few peaceful occupants.
    "Uh, master, I'm not really the attacking sort. Familiars are more of the small chores kind of companion."
    "Sod this, I've evil to slay!" bellowed Tsenre, and with the grace and agility of a retarded kobold, stood up and charged from his rock, squeaks from his soaked boats accompanying each step.

The wolf cubs perked their ears up, took one look at the charging, yelling, and squeaking old man in the pointy hat, and fled. The gobons, previously occupied with seeing what would and would not dissolve in a bubble blob, turned around slowly.
    "Tom, I think the adventurers are back."
    "I think you're right, Fred."

(( tl:dr - Tsenre entered the training grounds, summoned a badger familiar who he named Badger, and is now "fighting" two gobons and a bubble blob.

Also, a few notes on Tsenre's combat capabilities. First off, if it's not obvious, Tsenre is a mage who also happens to be an idiot. In order to cast any spells, he must have at least two things. He needs to know the magical words for the spell, and given his insufficient mental ability, this means he must have his spellbook as it's highly doubtful he'll be able to remember any magical words longer than two syllables. He also must have his wand, as he is not an inherently magical creature and needs the wand as a focal point to channel magical energy. Attempting to cast without it would result in a wild surge of magical energy, and although this surge would be weak, it would still be wild.

In any case, because Tsenre's reading comprehension would be shamed by a first grader, he never really knows what he's casting from his spellbook, and has only pictures to guide him if there are any. So any time Tsenre actually attempts to cast a spell in combat, I randomly select a spell from a D&D list of first, second, and third level arcane spells. ))

Last edited by Tsenre on Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:51 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Writing improvements.)
    Dorcha Te
    Dorcha Te
    Active User
    Active User

Post  Dorcha Te Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:21 pm

(( Tsenre is very well done character, im jealous a bit. ))
    Maria Talia Reaver
    Maria Talia Reaver
    Active User
    Active User

Post  Maria Talia Reaver Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:36 pm

((And to think he didn't want to join the site. I am pleased I got him to do so. ))
    Dorcha Te
    Dorcha Te
    Active User
    Active User

Post  Dorcha Te Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:44 pm

(Dorcha and Tsenre will meet soon enough, muhahaaa, after he's settled with his vampire abilities in a post or 2)
    Tsenre
    New User
    New User

Post  Tsenre Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:27 pm

(( Continued. Thank you for the comments by the way, it's my first time writing like this and I'm happy to see it's entertaining to some people! ))

"HAVE AT YE!" roared Tsenre, running full tilt at the two gobons as Badger scampered after him. Unfortunately for Tsenre, wearing a long robe does not lend itself well to moving quickly. Tripping over his robes, Tsenre managed a rather unimpressive acrobatic feat in which he fell flat on his face while flinging his arcanum in the direction of the gobons. Badger mentally held up a card with the number 2 on it in his head.

"He's charging at us, Tom" Fred the gobon said quietly.
    "Get your dagger out, Fred."
    "What's he doing, Tom?"
    "I think he's fall-" Tom attempted to remark, but was interrupted by a face full of spellbook.
    The bubble blob burped cheerfully.

"BLAST YE INFERNAL DRESS!" yelled Tsenre, fighting with his robes in an attempt to stand up. After failing a balance check numerous times, Tsenre finally managed to stand up and strike a pose to intimidate the gobons, brandishing his wand. His robes were torn in the process, revealing his polish and ash stained clothing. "Now I've got ye! I'll conjerr up ye doom!" Tsenre shouted, reaching for his spellbook. Realizing that he no longer was in posession of said book, he frantically looked about and saw it lying next to the one of the gobons who had suddenly become prone for reasons unknown. "Hey, give me back my book ye goblins!"

"Tom? Tom? Are you okay?" Fred whined. Fred was never a very good gobon, he prefered to play in the flowers with the wolf cubs rather than steal things and try to kidnap children. Tom always knew what to do though, he was a great gobon. But Tom appeared to be knocked out by the sudden book.
    "Tom, he's still coming! I don't know what to do! He's yelling about a dress!"
    Tom continued to lie motionless. Fred knew he had to do something, or else the strange man would surely kill them both. Fred drew his dagger, and turned to face the man. Realizing that this may be the day he died, he braced himself for what might come next. Then he wondered what a goblin was, and why he was being called one.

"Master! Master!" Badger said breathlessly as he caught up to Tsenre.
    "Wot?" Tsenre responded, momentarily caught unaware in the moment by the sudden badgering.
    "Master! You're a mage, you can't just rush in there! They'll ventilate you!"
    "They'll wot?"
    "Stab you, master! Listen, you've still got your wand, just repeat after me! This is for a magic missile spell! Fara'hun Nihops!"
    Tsenre pointed his wand at the gobons, and yelled "FEARABUN KNEEHOTS!
    Badger's eye twitched as a rainbow shot out of Tsenre's wand.

Fred stood his ground over the fallen Tom, waiting for the inevitable. He faltered for a moment, as the man started talking to a badger that had come up next to him. Today was really starting to get to Fred. He glanced at the badger, then at his fallen companion, and then at the bubble blob. He briefly pondered the ecological significance of the blob, then turned his attention towards trying to wake up Tom. "Tom! Tom! Get up! I think he's raving mad! He's talking to a badger!" Fred turned to face the robed man, and saw a wand pointed back at him. "Tom! Come on!" Fred yelled, and then suddenly everything went purple.

"That wern't no magic missile badger!" Tsenre bellowed, shaking a few rainbow sparks from his wand.
    "No, master, it wasn't." Badger sighed. "But I suppose it did the trick anyways, the other gobon isn't standing anymore."
    Badger observed the damage caused by Tsenre. The gobon likely wasn't dead, but no one could withstand that much of a primary color and still be conscious. The surge of wild magic that resulted from Tsenre's mispronounciation had blasted the area in front of him with color, probably permanently.
    "Ye mean I slew ye goblins?" Tsenre said quietly, quivering with excitement.
    "Well..." Badger didn't have the heart to tell him the truth. He seemed so... joyful about the prospect of having killed gobons. "Yes. Yes I suppose you did."
    "Hot diggity! I be a real adventurerin' mage!" Tsenre shouted, doing a fanciful jig that would have shamed even the royal jester.
    "Master, we still have a problem."
    "Wot be ye problem badger? No match for the goblinslayer wotever it is!"
    Badger shifted to face the tree, and made an attempt to point out the now green blob near the gobons.
    "The blob, master. It's a bubble blob, fairly weak but it can burn you badly if you get too close."
    "Hah! I'll handle this!" Tsenre readied his wand again, and pointed it at the quivering blob.
    Badger watched as he held this pose for the better part of a minute. The blob continued to quiver.
    "Badger, be ye having any more spells?" Tsenre whispered.
    Badger frowned, a remarkable feat for a badger. "Yes master, but make sure you pronounce this right. Fara'hun Icijin."
    Tsenre grinned, and shouted "Fara'hun Icijin!"
    A ray of frost shot towards the blob.

The bubble blob gurgled with delight. The gobons had finally stopped poking it, and now it was free to eat the grass it was so fond of. It bubbled with glee as it slowly moved across the ground, consuming the little green blades in it's acidic body. It sensed that the gobons were still nearby, but they didn't seem concerned with it anymore. It also sensed a man a little further out, but as a blob, it just wanted to eat. Suddenly, a surge of magic passed over the blob. It felt a little strange, but ultimately still like a blob. It began to quiver, as blobs like to do. Then things got really cold...

"Got ya, ye little bugger!" Tsenre shouted with delight. The blob had been hit with the ray, and had stopped moving. It appeared to be frozen. Tsenre rushed over and kicked the blob, shattering it into many pieces. "Yaahooo!" Tsenre bellowed.
    "Well done, master! You've slain a relatively harmless bubble blob." pipped Badger.
    "That I did, badger!"
    Badger looked at Tsenre. That quip hadn't even been subtle, but went right over the old man's head. Badger worried about the future.
    "You should loot the gobons and get your book back, master."
    "Wot? Oh, yeah! The treasure!"
    Tsenre grabbed the two daggers that the gobons had and stashed them in his torn robe, along with the now purple spellbook he had flung earlier. The gobons didn't appear to have much else on their person.
    "These daggers be fetchin' a pretty price I bet! I bet ye they be gem studded or made of gold!"
    "Master, gold tends to be yellowish in color."
    "Could be magical gold, badger." Tsenre tapped the side of his head conspiratorly, knocking his hat off.
    "Master, we should rest." Tsenre snatched at his fallen hat, and jammed it back on his head. "You've exerted yourself quite a bit casting those spells. I'm sure the city nearby has an inn or pub or something."
    "Aye badger, heroes like me need our rest. Let us be off!"

"Fred?"
    "Yes Tom?"
    "Why are we purple, Fred?"
    "I don't know, Tom."
    "Where's our daggers, Fred?"
    "Don't know, Tom. I think I'm gonna take a vacation, Tom."
    "That sounds good, Fred."
    The two gobons got up, and wandered unsteadily out of the training area.

(( tl:dr - Tsenre has acquired two mundane daggers, painted his spellbook purple, gave two gobons a makeover/headache, and managed to kill a single bubble blob. His badger familiar Badger still accompanies him. ))

Last edited by Tsenre on Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:37 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Writing improvements.)
    fallenangellord
    New User
    New User

Post  fallenangellord Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:17 am

Lucian stood in front of one goblin. His shoge was out, he held the main area of the chain in his right hand while approximately 2 feet from the blade he held the other chain. The shoge spun slicing through the air.

The goblin as smart as it was charged Lucian. Lucian side stepped and swung the shoge, hooking the goblins leg with it and cutting it deep enough the he could walk still but it would be a difficult.

Enraged the goblin charged after it got back up. Like he was dancing he dodged tripped and sliced the other leg. "Now for the fun part." Lucian now on the offensive charged the goblin hooking the shoge in is arm and flinging the weighted end around a branch making it hard to move if he wasn't injured, it was impossible for him to get the blade out.

He drew his chain whip and began the dance spinning it around him the end gaining momentum for his strike. When he lashed at the goblin it struck across his face slicing 5 inches deep killing it almost instantly as its small brain was sliced in half.
    Drake Reaver
    Drake Reaver
    Admin

Post  Drake Reaver Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:38 am

((Tserne, hell, you deserve TWO level ups for mixing long posting and making me laugh my ass off.))

((Lucian, nice kill. First kill=level up))
    Jynxx
    Jynxx
    New User
    New User

Post  Jynxx Sun May 02, 2010 11:56 am

Exyen steps into the training ground, he kneed down and took a huge whif. " Well this is odd " He laughed.

A wolf club jumped out of the bushed out of no where. Exyen ducked down. " Woahhh there." .

Then the wolf club came after Exyen. He took his chain and stared down the wolf club. Then he quickly hid himself behind a tree. " Oi.. psstt.. Looking for me". Exyen jumped out of no where. He put on his spiked gloves and ran towards the wolf club,he ran so fast he punched the wolf club back and laughed. " Ehhh not to strong are ya " he smriked. Exyen grabbed his chain and whipped it around the wolf club. Squeezing it till it couldnt breath. " Ahh see now you trying to the piss outta me arnt ya " He Swung the wolf club onto the ground. Suddenly it couldnt move anymore.

" Wow, you dead already mate, your not so tuff are you then." Exyen saw the blood on his chain. His eyes turned black and then red. His hunger made himself weak. " Im done here" . Exyen walked away, not looking back.

( That was my 1st time doing this, and I want to see if i did good. If i didnt, please, help a lad out, Cheers )

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 7:04 am