Crossed Blades

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A realm for serious roleplayers from every corner of the globe.

+4
Dorcha Te
SpookyKitten
Maria Talia Reaver
Drake Reaver
8 posters

The Plaza Square

Dorcha Te
    Dorcha Te
    Active User
    Active User

The Plaza Square - Page 5 Empty Re: The Plaza Square

Post  Dorcha Te Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:13 pm

Oh great, of all the word slurring pricks to find me. Dorcha's anger flared, his eyes turning a deep red out of hatred towards the martial artist on his back.

"If you don't get off of me, I will gladly repay for the other day. Now!!!"
    Drake Reaver
    Drake Reaver
    Admin

Post  Drake Reaver Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:27 pm

Rock hops off. "Okay then! Le's go, m'skeeta boy!" Rock challenges smirking.
    Dorcha Te
    Dorcha Te
    Active User
    Active User

Post  Dorcha Te Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:40 pm

As soon as he was up Dorcha lunged at Rock forgoeing his weapons. He grabs him by the shoulders throwing him across the alley into the wall. Teeth bared he glares at Rock. " Come'on pretty boy."
    Drake Reaver
    Drake Reaver
    Admin

Post  Drake Reaver Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:45 pm

"I ain't in the cage right now, boy-o." says Rock, Taking Dorcha's shoulders and headbutting him to jar him off, before elbowing Dorcha in the face into the opposite end of the alleyway. "No rules out here, yeah?"
    Tsenre
    New User
    New User

Post  Tsenre Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:46 pm

An old man in a tattered robe and pointy hat stomps in from the direction of the training grounds, tailed by a badger who is squeaking furiously. The man seems to be arguing with the badger, and occasionally takes a curved stick out of his pocket and waves it around while making "pschew" sounds. He seems oblivious to the current activities of the plaza, much to the chagrin of the badger. They both disappear into the Silver Hog.

Last edited by Tsenre on Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dorcha Te
    Dorcha Te
    Active User
    Active User

Post  Dorcha Te Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:58 pm

Yeah, he's right, if Im not careful I'll be killed. He climbs the alley wall behind him perching on a pipe staring down at Rock poised to spring.

"Fine, lets just do this.I wont deny this may be one-sided."

He darts off the pipe heading straight for Rock, hands in front as if they were claws."But I wont back down!!"
    Drake Reaver
    Drake Reaver
    Admin

Post  Drake Reaver Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:03 pm

Rcok sidesetps, so Dorcha flattens against the wall.

XD
    Dorcha Te
    Dorcha Te
    Active User
    Active User

Post  Dorcha Te Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:16 pm

Dorcha slumped on the ground, shakes his head to clear himself. "Why, why is everyone still stronger than me!"

He reaches behind him unfastening the sheathes and pulling both keris out, anger seemed to shake his entire body. He snarls at Rock, crouching down on the ground. " Come at me again!"
    Drake Reaver
    Drake Reaver
    Admin

Post  Drake Reaver Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:36 pm

Rock moves at such a speed, he was unable ot be seen, as he strait-arms Dorcha into the wall again, cracking it. "You spend too much time talking big, too little time actually training to back it up."
    Dorcha Te
    Dorcha Te
    Active User
    Active User

Post  Dorcha Te Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:53 pm

Dorcha kicks himself off the wall, flying straight towards Rock punching him scare in the face, knocking him off his feet. Dorcha straightens up, staring at Rocks mid-air form. " Im done talking..."

He unwinds his chain from around his chest wrapping one end twice around his hand. He whips the chain at Rock wrapping it around his waist and slamming him to the ground.

:p
    SpookyKitten
    SpookyKitten
    Active User
    Active User

Post  SpookyKitten Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:53 pm

Dooley sighed and hauled himself to his feet, shooing away any member that came to bug him about his health. He pulled a grey tunic over his head and belted it before putting his worn, tan cloak on. He knew his Childe, he was foolish and didn't think. So when he followed the scent of his newborn; he found him fighting Rock. His tired black eyes lightened to an annoyed bronze.

"Foolish childe."
    Drake Reaver
    Drake Reaver
    Admin

Post  Drake Reaver Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:01 am

Rock grunts more in annoyance than any pain. He grips the chain. "That goes both ways, y'know." he smirks, then uses the chain to haul Dorcha over his head, sending him plummeting into the ground with boneshattering force.
    SpookyKitten
    SpookyKitten
    Active User
    Active User

Post  SpookyKitten Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:16 am

Dooley stepped out from his hiding place, an annoyed look on his pale face.

"Enough, Rock. My foolish childe has learned his lesson. Now allow me to take him back home and feed him." He was covered in new wounds from beating the crap out of a shit load of monsters in the forest before he had secured a gobon for his childe to eat from.
    Dorcha Te
    Dorcha Te
    Active User
    Active User

Post  Dorcha Te Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:50 pm

Sitting up with intense difficulty, Dorcha glares at Dooley with a hard expression, his eyes yellowing out of his irritation.
    "Dont. I want to fight, I want to prove myself."

((Forgive me Katie the eye color thing i know nothing about. XD))
    Maria Talia Reaver
    Maria Talia Reaver
    Active User
    Active User

Post  Maria Talia Reaver Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:12 pm

Minding to her own affairs, Ginine stepped out of the inn. She walked her way through the plaza full of people and noticed a few people fighting. Sighing, she remarked, "I hope they'll be okay..." The thought of death made her cringe, but she put it out of her mind. Her hand began to rifle through her left pocket and she dug out a small heart-shaped metal charm. Her mind drifted as she remembered the day she got it.

~Flashback~

"We'll be friends forever! And these charms will prove that!" a short, chubby blond girl said. "Of course! I never want to lose you..." a skinny pink haired girl replied. They held hands and played by a brook.

~Years later~

A handsome dark haired man came to the girls. The two girls had grown into lovely young ladies and the blond had caught his eye. 'He'll be the one to take her away... I know it from her face...' the pink haired girl thought. And it was true; the blond was already staring at him in love.

She snapped out of her daydream, from walking face first into a wall. "Ouch..." she groaned. Rubbing her nose, she walked off in the direction of a large house.
    Drake Reaver
    Drake Reaver
    Admin

Post  Drake Reaver Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:59 pm

Rcok shrugs. "It's done, kid. Provoke me more and I'll tear that cloak off of you and pin you in the sun." says Rock, undoing the chain.
    Dorcha Te
    Dorcha Te
    Active User
    Active User

Post  Dorcha Te Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:03 pm

"Why!! Why can I never win! You taunt me with the pure fact that you're stronger than me." Slamming his fist into the ground creating to small holes, face contorted in anguish.
    "Im...too...weak."
    Drake Reaver
    Drake Reaver
    Admin

Post  Drake Reaver Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:05 pm

Rock kneels in front of Dorcha, now level with him. "Yo, lissin'. You put too much emf-sis on bein' better n' everyone else." he says. "Jus' focus on what's important, not who ya can kill, or you'll die alone, and incomplete."
    Dorcha Te
    Dorcha Te
    Active User
    Active User

Post  Dorcha Te Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:33 pm

" Existence is useless... when you are powerless... But I will.. consider your words. Thank you."
    His eyes black from exhaustion and hunger he reaches forward grasping Rock's shoulder in thanks.
    "We will continue when I am stronger."
    Drake Reaver
    Drake Reaver
    Admin

Post  Drake Reaver Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:49 pm

Rock takes out an empty bottle of whiskey he'd been drinking, taking Dorcha's keris and stabbing his hand, letting some blood into the bottle and handing it to Dorcha. "Get yer strength back up, hear?" he says, heading to the inn.
    Dorcha Te
    Dorcha Te
    Active User
    Active User

Post  Dorcha Te Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:18 pm

Dorcha slumps against the alley wall just as earlier, marks on his body from where he'd taken the beating. He gulped down the blood licking his lips, his eyes slowly going back to a bright red. "Even after all that... I guess I will have to train some more, and maybe just relax with Dooley."
    Tsenre
    New User
    New User

Post  Tsenre Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:18 pm

Tsenre and Badger emerge from the Silver Hog, blinking in the sunlight. Tsenre took a moment to adjust his tattered robe and pointy hat, while Badger looked around for any merchants.
    "Badger, what be we doin' out here anyways?"
    "Master, we're trying to find a merchant who sells clothing. You need new clothing."
    Tsenre cocked his head. "What for, badger?"
    Badger thought for a moment about how to explain this. The direct approach of telling him he shouldn't attract attention wouldn't work, the man's ego was almost as large as the inn behind them. No, a bit of a subtle edge was necessary here.
    "Master, powerful mages always have nice, clean clothes. It not right for a magical man like yourself to be walking around in tatters and..."

Badger looked closely at what Tsenre was wearing for the first time. The first thing that came to attention was the tattered robe. It was a bit too long for the old man, as if it had been tailored for someone else, and Badger already knew why it was in shreds. Then there was the pointy hat, staple of any magic user. Badger got the feeling that the hat may be more important to the old man than the wand or spellbook. But more importantly, was the clothing underneath...

Tsenre appeared to be wearing an undershirt, a striped work shirt, a pair of pants with suspenders, and a rugged pair of boots that had "ERNEST'S TYPE 32" written on the side. More importantly, all of his clothing appeared to be burnt, wrinkled, and just a little bit glossy. Badger sniffed the air, and what he first mistook as simple old man funk, appeared to be the scent of burnt polish. All of this contributed to the experience that was Tsenre: a walking disaster in every tense. Something bad definitely had happened to him, something bad most likely will happen to him, and you got the feeling something bad was going to happen was going to happen when you were with him.

"Aye, badger, ye be right! Us mages have grandoor!"
    Badger shook his head. "Right, master."
    "Be ye seein' any merchants badger?"
    The two of them looked around the plaza.

(( Tsenre and Badger are in the plaza, searching for a tailor or a merchant specializing in clothing. ))
    SpookyKitten
    SpookyKitten
    Active User
    Active User

Post  SpookyKitten Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:27 am

Dooley walked forward and knelt by his newborn's side and laid a hand on his hair, running his claws gently though the silver locks. His eyes were pitch black from exhaustion, one that went beyond such a simple concept as needing to sleep. He looked his age, as young as his face may seem. He smiled and laid a gentle kiss on Dooley's forehead.

"With time comes power. Even among the undead." The elder vampire got a pained look on his face as he looked at his childe before closing his eyes and leaning his head against Dorcha's shoulder. "Dear, dear, foolish childe of mine."
    Tsenre
    New User
    New User

Post  Tsenre Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:07 pm

Assorted knick-knacks, gee-gaws, and the occasional doo-hickey filled the shelves on the walls of Lauren's Junk Emporium. A rack of clothing specially tailored to be two sizes too large on whoever wore them was placed in the center of the store, with the hope that someone might attempt to buy them if they were in the way. A look inside told the customer that this one their one stop shop for trinkets, baubles, novelties, and other items that serve no discernible purpose.

Lauren herself was occupied at the counter, attempting to polish the wood to a shine. The best she could manage was a sort of murky luster. She sighed to herself, and slumped down with her elbows on the counter, staring at the clothing rack. She didn't really want to run a thrift store, but her father wouldn't hear anything of it. She remembered the faithful night where she confessed that what she really wanted to do was fashion design, and the old man had nearly exploded. He yelled on and on about how running a thrift store was a good, honest trade and threw away her designs and art books. She sighed again, absentmindedly sketching a design for a dress with her fingers on the counter. A jingling from the door near the front of her store told her she had company. She pulled herself up and put on a glassy smile. "Welcome to Lauren's Ju-"

Lauren got a full view of what just walked into her store. An old man wearing a pointy hat, a tattered robe, and clothing that appeared to have been washed in a chimney was staring at the junk on her walls. His pockets, one of which was torn open, were bulging with things she decided she was better off not knowing about. The man had a face only a mother could grudingly admit to liking, a posture that would've shamed a hunchback, and an expression that implied he was a child that just walked into a candy store.

"Woo-ee badger, would you look at that!" Tsenre muttered, staring at a sphere of glass.
    "It be a crystal ball, fer seein' into ye future!"
    "Master, I think that's just a glass ball."
    "Nonsense badger, it be magic! I can be sensin' it in my bones!"
    Badger felt it best not to comment about the old man's bones. "We're here for clothing, remember master?"

Lauren, realizing that unless the man was an extremely good ventriloquist in addition to being insane, must've been talking to someone. She looked down.

Beside the man was a badger. It was small, furry, black with streaks of white, and most definitely a badger. However, it was talking, and badgers didn't talk. She thought it safest to ignore this for the time being.

"Er, welcome to Lauren's Junk Emporium! We have a wide variety of trinkets and baubles for the enterprising adventurer, and..." Lauren realized she was talking to herself. The old man seemed completely absorbed in analyzing the contents of her shelves, while the badger continued to follow him around. She slumped a bit, and watched them.

"Look at that! A magical potion!"
    "Master, that's a candle."
    Tsenre tilted the vial upside down, and frowned when the contents failed to spill out. He rallied and broke into a grin. "Aye, a magical candle!"
    "Master, there's clothes in the center. We can likely trade those daggers for something you can wear."
    Tserne placed the candle back on the shelf and shuffled over to the clothing rack.
    "Now these be clothing fit for a mage like meself!" Tserne yelled, pulling out a rather large and dark blue nightgown adorned with yellow stars.
    "Master, perhaps some plain clothing would be best. There appear to be a number of work shirts in the rack."
    "Badger, how I be showin' off me grandoor in a work shirt? This here's a wizard's robe, and I bet ye it be magical to boot!" Tsenre pulled the nightgown on over the rest of his clothing. He looked like someone's grandma, but no one would admit to having a grandma with a face like that.
    Tsenre turned suddenly and acknowledged Lauren for the first time. "Lass! How for ye robes?" he bellowed, once again obliterating the concept of speaking quietly indoors.
    Lauren jumped, startled by both the sudden attention and the yelling of the old man.
    "Er, that's priced at two silver, sir." Lauren eyed the door nervously. She regretted having only a single exit in her store.
    "I be havin' better than silver, lass!" Tsenre reached into his pocket and pulled out two daggers. Lauren shrieked and ducked under the counter.
    Badger scurried over and climbed up on the counter. "It's okay, miss! We're not trying to rob you! He just wants to trade in the daggers!"

Lauren hunched down lower behind the counter and covered her eyes. First the kooky old man pulled a pair of blades on her, and now a badger was telling her that it was okay. "Just take the nightgown! I don't want any trouble!" she moaned.

Tsenre scratched his head, careful not to knock his hat off. "What she be goin' on about badger?"
    "She thinks we're trying to rob her, master."
    "Wot? I be payin' wit daggers is all."
    "Yes, master, sometimes that can be percieved as a threat."
    "This be silly!" Tsenre bent over the counter and waved a dagger at Lauren. "Lass, we not be tryin' to rob ye! Oh, do ye have any needle and thread by chance?"
    "Yes! Yes! Second shelf to your left! Just go!" she cried.
    "Aye? Well I think that and the robe be worth a dagger." Tsenre tossed a blade onto the counter, shuffled over to the sewing supplies and stashed a few spools of thread along with a sewing needle in the pocket of his gown.
    "We be off, badger! Our work be done here."

Lauren waited for the bells on her front door to stop jingling, then slowly rose from her counter. She picked up the dagger, examined it, then stashed it underneath her counter. Walking slowly to the door, she flipped the "open/closed" sign hanging in the window and turned the lock.

(( Tsenre has a fancy new blue night gown adorned with yellow stars! He also has some needle and thread, but traded his dagger for it and the gown. Badger is still with him. ))

Last edited by Tsenre on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:41 pm; edited 5 times in total
    Dorcha Te
    Dorcha Te
    Active User
    Active User

Post  Dorcha Te Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:44 pm

Dorcha looks at his master with apologetic eyes.
    "Im sorry I've caused you pain and worry, just wanted to test my power. I guess I'll have to wait then."

Dorcha suddenly starts laughing, memories still fresh in his head.. "Never stood a chance did I? Ah well."

He puts his arm around Dooley grasping his shoulder to comfort himself.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 2:22 pm